Admissions and Prospective Parents
If you would like your child to attend our school, please see full details of our admission arrangements below.
ADMISSIONS (2020-2021 ACADEMIC YEAR)
Visiting Ivy Chimneys
We would usually encourage all parents to visit us on one of our open mornings, before their child starts school. However, due to the Covid-19 control measures we currently have in place, we are unable to host these events this year.
Prospective parents should complete the form below, which will register you to receive:
- A link to our virtual tour video introducing you to Ivy Chimneys (including an address from the Head Teacher and an insight into what it feels like to be part of our school community) and a collection of interviews with some of our children. The virtual tour video is now also available at the top of this website page.
- An invitation to a live video-conference Q&A session. This session is optional and will allow parents to address questions to the Head Teacher and other key staff members. Dates of the sessions will be confirmed to parents who register below.
Local Authority Policy
As required by Law, Ivy Chimneys Primary School provides for the full-time admission of children offered a place in the Foundation year group from the September following their fourth birthday. Full information and the application procedure can be found online at www.essex.gov.uk/admissions
For the academic year 2021/22 all parents must complete an application form for the school of their choice before 15th January 2021. Admissions open on 9th November 2020.
Offers of places for September 2021 will be sent in April 2021.
Each school has a published “number to admit” (NTA) in the ‘Primary Education Booklet’. Copies of this booklet are available from the Planning and Admissions Office (0845 6032200) or information can be found on www.essex.gov.uk/admissions
The number of pupils to be admitted during 2021/22 is 45.
Priorities for admission to the school are on the following criteria:-
- Looked After Children and previously looked after children
- Children with a sibling at the school
- Children living within the priority admission area of Ivy Chimneys Primary School
- Children living within the priority admission areas of Coopersale and Theydon Garnon CE, Epping Primary, Epping Upland CE and Theydon Bois Primary Schools
- Remaining applications
In the event of over-subscription within any of the above criteria, priority will be determined by straight line distance from home to school, those living closest being given the highest priority.
Once your child has been offered a place, you will receive a letter in the second half of the summer term, inviting you to a pre-admission meeting.
Arrangements will be made at that meeting for a ‘Home Visit’ with your child’s class teacher and the Teaching Assistant for that class. Part-time and full-time dates will also be available at this meeting.
We will also invite your child to a Story and Snack session in the summer term, so that the children, and you, become familiar with the school site, our staff, other children and the routines. Whilst your child is enjoying time in the classroom, we invite parents to an informal tea and coffee session in the main hall.
At Ivy Chimneys, we feel that it is best for your child’s well-being to operate a staggered start to the beginning of their school career. All children starting in Foundation will have at least one morning session in school, followed by a morning and lunchtime session before staying for the whole day.
It is the policy of Ivy Chimneys Primary School and the Epping Forest Schools Partnership Trust to administer all mid-year admission enquiries by email email@example.com
We will endeavour to answer all emails within 48 hours.
Please find below the Determined Admissions Arrangements for the following years:
PROSPECTIVE PARENTS: REGISTER YOUR INTEREST HERE FOR THE ACADEMIC YEAR 2021-2022
If you are considering Ivy Chimneys for your child starting reception in September 2021, you should register your interest below. You will receive our prospective parent video and dates for our Q&A sessions before 1st November 2020, by email. Please include: your name, your child's name and ensure your email address is correct. Thank You. (Note: This contact form should not be used for children in any other year group or mid-year transfers.)